Actions speak louder than Words

Living in the hospital, at least from my perspective, is very hard. It becomes even harder when you actually are getting prepared to get discharged. You need all of your prescriptions, have to get your post hospitalization doctors appointment scheduled, know which medications to give at what time, and figuring out who willtake care of you,  Etc..

The hospital is very confusing nothing is ever set in stone it’s like a roller coaster. Many times they get your hopes up only to later have them crushed.

One of my biggest struggles is when my team of doctors and others start to talk about discharging me months before I actually am going home.  It really does stink because you get your hopes up, and yourheart is set on going home. You start planning all the things that you want to do, and you tell your friends and family that you’re going home.

My point is, they need to get it right. Simply saying you’re going to get discharged on a certain date is very easy but to actually do it is a completely different thing. Don’t get patients hopes up and then everything changes. Am I sounding a bit salty? It’s coming from again hearing these words and then being stuck at the hospital.

Actions speak louder than words. It is really easy to say something but to actually do it is completely different, it takes effort and can be uncomfortable or hard. If you aren’t going to do something, then don’t even say it. I’ve learned to always be ready for the worst case scenario rather than the best.

Life isn’t ever really fair. Living in a hospital, you learn that there are a lot of promises and conversations made, and then they don’t follow through or they’re scared to tell you the truth. Sometimes it’s that one of your favorite people is going to stop by, and they don’t. Maybe its that they’ll be able to fix something and they can’t. It could be that they’re going to send you home, and they’re wrong. I think sometimes people need to really think things through before they say something, because we really get let down when they don’t have the actions, and only have the words.

Transitioning from being in the hospital for months on end, to real life is very challenging sometimes. You go from lying on a bed all day everyday for months on end kind of in a holding pattern to trying to live again. It is very hard. In the hospital, you have nothing to do and you are sick so you sleep in your bed all day and get no physical workout, and your muscles that you worked hard on and were pretty proud of, disappear because you’re doing nothing. It’s hard sometimes to even walk. I have bad asthma, back pain, and just tiredness from the Churg Strauss that I’m battling. Transitioning to real life is very challenging, you have to gain all that muscle back or else it turns into dead fat. And let me tell you that fat makes it worse. You really have to try to push yourself because going to school is really hard when you are so out of shape. It also doesn’t help with meeting girls either. Girls like guys who have lots of action because then they have lots of muscle. I don’t think words impress them very much. Once you gain your muscle back, everything becomes a lot easier in all parts of life, including girls.

Anyways.. Being in the hospital is not ideal obviously. When things get really bad, I quietly ask Jesus”Why me?” and “why would you make me sick if you love me?” Well, I know being sick or struggling in life does raise a lot of questions and it can make you question your faith and relationship with God. But honestly, That’s not fair for you or God. You are beating yourself up, not trusting God, and start questioning everything. Thinking things like,”I thought you love me”. It is not God making you sick, it is satan just being evil and sin. Struggles make you question your faith with God. Satan is trying to get you onto the “Dark side”. We need to instead turn to Jesus and know He’s looking out for you.

Whenever I’m in the hospital, I know I will be okay, I do not have to worry because God is on my side rooting me on. God has a plan for me, and regardless if you do not like the plan at the time, It will be the best thing for you. God’s plan is better than everyone in the world’s plan combined for themselves.

I know all of your loved ones, friends, doctors etc may be worried and scared about you, but I never have to be worried even if it’s septic shock or me on my death bed, because God has a plan for me and I completely trust in him with my life. I know regardless if Ilike his plan at the time in the long run, It’s by far the best plan because its Gods plan for me 😉

Thank you for reading my post Comment below and tell me your thoughts on

it.. Even if you don’t like it, tell me your opinion. Like i said, I’d

rather people tell me I just downright suck than lie and tell me I’m good!

“I don’t want to be like those people that go on american idol and say

My mom told me I’m good! so i’m not gonna listen to you professional

judges my mom knows more!”

I just don’t want to be one of those people =)

Thank you for reading!

God bless and stay tuned!

Advertisements

13 thoughts on “Actions speak louder than Words

1. Lori Luttrell says:

I know I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again, you are such an inspiration. We all complain about this Churg Strauss and you have that plus much much more and you stay so positive and so strong, I truly admire you.

2. RW says:

I can definitely relate! You certainly hit the nail on the head! Each time I’m in the hospital it seems one doctor tells me I’m going home, only to have the other one say, “WRONG!”. LOL It sure can get frustrating! I always tell myself others are paying attention to how I handle myself so I’ve got to set a good example.
    You are absolutely right about trusting in God! Isn’t it freeing to be able to give him our burdens?!
    Have the best night you can!
    Looking forward to more posts.
    P.S. Some ladies like guitar players and singers even more than muscles! 🙂

3. Ms.Graham says:

Avery! God does have a plan for you and his plan is working right now = people need to hear you and be inspired by you and feel the things you are feeling to know that they too are not alone! We all carry crosses.
    Bless you bless you!

Liked by 1 person

4. Lujain says:

I really enjoyed reading this, because I have often thought, what does Avery think about his illness, or life in hospital. I look for your mum’s updates all the time to see how you are getting on, but I am glad now that we can all hear it straight from you as well. And don’t worry, you are doing great! Clearly you are a natural at blogging, so keep it up!

Liked by 1 person

5. Jess says:

Just read a bunch of your posts – great insight into what it’s like being in hospital lots and all that comes with it. I’m a nursing student in NYC, definitely going to follow this. Great singing with the Doctor by the way – that was unexpected, both of you were great. My only criticism of the blog is it need a follow button so you’re updated by email when there’s a new post… Unless I missed that and there is one?

Liked by 1 person

6. mshollywinter says:

All writers feel the scare from putting their ideas out for everyone to read. It feels vulnerable doesn’t it?

Don’t worry about what other people think. Do your best to write what you think and what you feel. That’s why we’re reading. We’re reading to understand.

Writing your truth is brave. This is brave.

I am a fan of reading optimistic writes like yours, but don’t fence yourself in. Continue to write your truth… even if it changes, and we will read.

Write what YOU would like to read…..

I’m in love with this project!

Ms. H

Liked by 1 person

7. teamdylan says:

An inspirational young man. I really enjoy reading your blog.
    Hospitals are so medical, they also most lose insight of the ‘person’. The person who want to go home. The person who needs to make plans. The personal who has a life outside of their medical condition. Hospital procedures and staff need to work further in acknowledging these soul elements of a patient x

8. Jessica says:

As someone who will be entering the pediatric nursing field very soon, I really appreciate your insight and honesty! I promise to do my best to be honest to the children I care for about what is happening to them. Thank you, Avery, for helping remember how important this is! (P.S. I know you are no longer a child and are a young adult, but I appreciate you sharing your feelings from childhood too.)

9. Caleb says:

Avery, I just stumbled across this blog, and it impacted me so much. Thank you for being so candid and genuinely honest. Don’t lose your faith in Jesus our Lord, He has a plan! You’re an inspiration to me and I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless!

Liked by 1 person